From one of the latest issues of the National Diet Library Newsletter (No. 173, June 2010)
In May 2010, the Index Database to Japanese Laws, Regulations and Bills (Japanese only) was renewed.
Along with the Index Database to Laws and Regulations in early Meiji Japan (Japanese only), this database makes searchable information on Japanese laws from the formation of modern nation to the present.
- Improvements are as follows:
- ■Texts of the laws and regulations provided by national institutions via the Internet are linked and referable from index information.
- ■Information on the bills introduced in the Imperial Diet (1890 to 1947) is added.
- ■Other improvements
- URL of the index information is fixed, which enables the users to bookmark a specific law or regulation.
- Link to the Index Database to Laws and Regulations in early Meiji Japan is established.
Index Database to Japanese Laws, Regulations and Bills (Japanese language only)
Popular names of laws and regulations and classification of active laws are shown in the search results.