Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) has released a report on nepotism in the U.S. Congress — please see:
A PDF of the full report is here.
- 82 members (40 Democrats and 42 Republicans) paid family members through their congressional offices, campaign committees and political action committees (PACs);
- 44 members (20 Democrats and 24 Republicans) have family members who lobby or are employed in government affairs;
- 90 members (42 Democrats and 48 Republicans) have paid a family business, employer, or associated nonprofit;
- 20 members (13 Democrats and 7 Republicans) used their campaign money to contribute to a family member’s political campaign;
- 14 members (6 Democrats and 8 Republicans) charged interest on personal loans they made to their own campaigns;
- 38 members (24 Democrats and 14 Republicans) earmarked to a family business, employer, or associated nonprofit.